The Washington Council for High School-College Relations (WCHSCR)
Welcome to the WCHSCR website. The Washington Council operates for educational purposes and is organized to assist all Washington State students to access and engage in post-secondary opportunities at its member institutions. If we can be of service to you in your work with students, please contact our Executive Secretary or any of our Board Members.
Washington Council Contact Information:
Lucretia Folks, Executive Secretary
PO Box 2315
Olympia, WA 98507-2315
Washington colleges should review our BYLAWS updated February, 2019, to determine if your institution is eligible for membership.
No separate fee is required to join as a high school member of the WCHSCR. All OSPI-recognized high schools in the state of Washington with grade nine (9) or above are eligible for membership. Independent High School Counselors who are members of NACAC and/or PNACAC are eligible to be members. Please join or renew your MEMBERSHIP.
- Membership for all relevant staff at your site and the opportunity to be elected to serve on the Washington Council Board of Directors.
- An opportunity to host and/or participate in the Fall Counselor Workshops, College Planning Days for high school students, and 8th Grade Planning Days.
- The opportunity to participate in over 30 Fall Transfer Fairs on Washington community college campuses.
- The opportunity to attend the Dual Credit (Running Start, College in the High School, CTE, etc.) and Transfer Advisor Workshops.
- Listing in the online Higher Education Book.
2021 Fall Counselor Workshops
These very popular workshops provide updated information to high school counselors. Held virtually for fall 2021, we’re excited to provide counselors current information from Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI), State Board of Community and Technical Colleges (SBCTC), Council of Presidents (COP), Independent Colleges of Washington (ICW) and the Washington Student Achievement Council (WSAC), network with fellow counselors via live Q&A, and provide recorded presentation from our public and private institutions and our community and technical colleges.
- Here is the 2021-22 Higher Education Handbook.
- Presentations will be available on our Youtube Channel prior to the event.
- Clock hours will be provided for the workshops this year through Washington School Counselor Association (WSCA). Details will be emailed to registrants after the event.
2021 Schedule (To register, click on the workshop date you would like to attend this online event.)
September 10th – Fall Counselor Workshop Option 1
September 14th – Fall Counselor Workshop Option 2
September 16th – Fall Counselor Workshop Option 3
2021 Fall Transfer Fairs
The WCHSCR Fall transfer fairs, held October through November each year, are designed to inform students in the Washington community and technical college system of their transfer opportunities at Washington’s four-year colleges and universities. The council generally allow participation from non-member schools on a space available basis, for a fee, so long as the schools are regionally accredited, non-profit institutions.
Fall 2021 update: Due to many of our community colleges choosing to limit in-person classes during Fall, WCHSCR will not be sponsoring in-person transfer fairs this Fall. We are encouraging our university partners to promote their visit, advising options, and their National Transfer Student week activities to their community college partners directly, and also via the NW STEP listserv. We are encouraging our community college partners to direct your students to each university website for their virtual and in-person visit options, advising appointments and sessions as well as their National Transfer Student Week activities.
Questions: Myndee Ronning, Chair, Transfer Fair Commission
- 2021 Transfer Advisors Workshop2021’s Transfer Advisors Workshop was held on Wednesday, August 11, via Zoom, with an optional New Advisors Seminar on August 10. The Transfer Advisor Workshop is designed to provide community college advisors with valuable and…
- 2021 College Planning Day (Virtual) – April 22The Washington Council’s College Planning Day provides a one-stop opportunity for high school juniors and undecided seniors to learn about Washington State’s higher education options. This year, the event will take place online using the…
- 2020 Fall Transfer Fairs/EventsThe WCHSCR Fall transfer fairs, held October through November each year, are designed to inform students in the Washington community and technical college system of their future transfer opportunities at Washington’s four-year colleges and universities. Fall 2020…
- 2020 Fall Counselor WorkshopsThese very popular workshops provide updated information to high school counselors. Held virtually on September 15th and 17th, 2020, we were excited to provide counselors current information from Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI),…
- 2020 8th Grade EventHeld annually in the spring on several Washington college campuses, the Washington Council 8th Grade College Exploration Days are designed to introduce 8th graders to the available options for continuing their…Read More