The Washington Council for High School-College Relations (WCHSCR)
Welcome to the WCHSCR website. The Washington Council operates for educational purposes and is organized to assist all Washington State students to access and engage in post-secondary opportunities at its member institutions. If we can be of service to you in your work with students, please contact our Executive Secretary or any of our Board Members.
Washington Council Contact Information:
Lucretia Folks, Executive Secretary
PO Box 2315
Olympia, WA 98507-2315
Washington colleges should review our BYLAWS updated February, 2019, to determine if your institution is eligible for membership.
No separate fee is required to join as a high school member of the WCHSCR. All OSPI-recognized high schools in the state of Washington with grade nine (9) or above are eligible for membership. Independent High School Counselors who are members of NACAC and/or PNACAC are eligible to be members. Please join or renew your MEMBERSHIP.
2020 Fall Transfer Fairs/Events
The WCHSCR Fall transfer fairs, held October through November each year, are designed to inform students in the Washington community and technical college system of their future transfer opportunities at Washington’s four-year colleges and universities.
Fall 2020 update: Due to COVID-19, WCHSCR will not be sponsoring in-person transfer fairs this Fall. Instead, WCHSCR will be offering virtual Transfer Knowledge Sessions and endorsing the PNACAC Virtual College Fairs.
1. WCHSCR: Transfer Knowledge Sessions (offering)
Dates: October 6 – 8, 2020, and Nov 2 – 4, 2020
Presented by 2- and 4-year partner colleges and universities, these virtual transfer knowledge sessions are meant to provide general transfer information to prospective transfer students statewide. Please note: Transfer knowledge sessions will not be university specific sessions and presenters must be members in good standing with WCHSCR. These sessions will be recorded and posted on The Washington Council YouTube account after the last session. Questions: Myndee Ronning, Chair Transfer Fair Commission.
2. PNACAC: Virtual College Fair (endorsing)
Dates: October 19 – 22, 2020
Students may register here.
Reconsidering individually hosted virtual fairs
Due to general low attendance at virtual events, we are recommending that 2-year institutions refrain from organizing their own individual virtual transfer fairs and instead direct their students to Transfer Knowledge Sessions and the PNACAC fairs.
2020 WCHSCR Transfer Advisor Workshop
Dates: October 29 – 30, 2020
The Transfer Advisor Workshop is designed to provide community college advisors with valuable transfer admissions and program information from Washington State 4-year public and private baccalaureate institutions as well as updates from state agencies. The event will be recorded and participants will have the ability to access the recording after the event. Advisors may register here.
Thursday, October 29th
9 am – 11 am: New Advisor Workshop, led by Myndee Ronning, Director of Admissions for CWU
12:30 pm – 2:30 pm: Agency Updates and COVID-19 Response
3 pm – 4 pm: Breakout rooms – Deep Dive Engineering and Deep Dive BAS programs
Friday, October 30th
9 am – 10:30 am: Public Four-Year Updates
11 am – 12:30 pm: Private Four-Year Updates
1:30 pm – 2:30 pm: Breakout Rooms: topics will be decided by participants on Thursday, October 29th
2020 Fall Counselor Workshops
These very popular workshops provide updated information to high school counselors. Held virtually on September 15th and 17th, 2020, we were excited to provide counselors current information from Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI), State Board of Community and Technical Colleges (SBCTC), Council of Presidents (COP), Independent Colleges of Washington (ICW) and the Washington Student Achievement Council (WSAC). We will soon provide the recorded presentation from our public and private institutions, and our community and technical colleges.
- 2020 Workshop Q&A PDF
- 2020 Fall Counselor Workshop Higher Education Book provides descriptions of two- and four-year public and private, and non-profit institutions of higher education in Washington State
- 2021 Public/Private Admission Fees and Deadlines is a separate PDF copy of pages six and seven of the Higher Education Book
- College and University Updates on YouTube
- Clock Hours
- Provided through Washington School Counselor Association (WSCA)
- Details will be emailed to registrants after the event
Contact Jana Jaraysi, firstname.lastname@example.org, Commission Chair, for additional information.
- 2020 College Planning DaysThe Washington Council’s College Planning Day provides a one-stop opportunity for your high school sophomores, juniors, and undecided seniors to learn about Washington State’s higher education options…Read More
- 8th Grade EventHeld annually in the spring on several Washington college campuses, the Washington Council 8th Grade College Exploration Days are designed to introduce 8th graders to the available options for continuing their…Read More
- 2019 Fall Transfer FairsThe WCHSCR Fall transfer fairs, held October through November each year, are designed to inform students in the Washington community and technical college system of their future transfer opportunities…Read More
- 2019 Transfer Advisor WorkshopsThe Transfer Advisor workshop provides valuable information to community and technical college advisors. CTC advisors will hear updates from four-year public and private universities, the State Board of Community…Read More
- 2018 Dual-Credit WorkshopLearn more about Washington’s Dual Credit opportunities, including College in the High School, Running Start, Advanced Placement, Cambridge, International Baccalaureate, and Tech Prep…Read More