The Washington Council for High School-College Relations (WCHSCR)
Welcome to the WCHSCR website. The Washington Council operates for educational purposes and is organized to assist all Washington State students to access and engage in post-secondary opportunities at its member institutions. If we can be of service to you in your work with students, please contact our Executive Secretary or any of our Board Members.
Washington Council Contact Information:
Lucretia Folks, Executive Secretary
PO Box 2315
Olympia, WA 98507-2315
Washington colleges should review our BYLAWS updated February, 2019, to determine if your institution is eligible for membership.
No separate fee is required to join as a high school member of the WCHSCR. All OSPI-recognized high schools in the state of Washington with grade nine (9) or above are eligible for membership. Independent High School Counselors who are members of NACAC and/or PNACAC are eligible to be members. Please join or renew your MEMBERSHIP.
- Membership for all relevant staff at your site and the opportunity to be elected to serve on the Washington Council Board of Directors.
- An opportunity to host and/or participate in the Fall Counselor Workshops, College Planning Days for high school students, and 8th Grade Planning Days.
- The opportunity to participate in over 30 Fall Transfer Fairs on Washington community college campuses.
- The opportunity to attend the Dual Credit (Running Start, College in the High School, CTE, etc.) and Transfer Advisor Workshops.
- Listing in the online Higher Education Handbook.
- 2023 Transfer Advisors WorkshopThe 2023 Transfer Advisors Workshop will be held on Friday, June 2, via Zoom. The Transfer Advisor Workshop is designed to provide community college advisors with valuable and current transfer admissions and program information from…
- 2023 Fall Counselor WorkshopsThese very popular workshops provide professional development for school counselors, career center specialist, HSBP coordinators and those in college-access work. Held in-person and virtually, we’re excited to provide current information from the Office of Superintendent…
- 2022 Fall Transfer FairsThe WCHSCR Fall transfer fairs, held October through November each year, are designed to inform students in the Washington community and technical college system of their transfer opportunities at Washington’s four-year colleges and universities. The council generally…
- 2021 College Planning Day (Virtual) – April 22The Washington Council’s College Planning Day provides a one-stop opportunity for high school juniors and undecided seniors to learn about Washington State’s higher education options. This year, the event will take place online using the…