High School Counselor Workshops
These very popular workshops provide updated information to high school counselors. Held in nine locations throughout the state in September, counselors hear current information from four year public and private universities, updates from OSPI and the Washington Student Achievement Council, network with fellow counselors, and have the opportunity for Q & A. To register for a workshop, please go to home page and click on the workshop location that you would like to attend.
- September 12th – Western Washington University
- September 13th – The Evergreen State College
- September 14th – University of Washington-Tacoma
- September 15th – Seattle Pacific University
- September 16th – Wenatchee Valley College
- September 19th – Eastern Washington University
- September 20th – Washington State University-Tri-Cities
- September 21st – Washington State University-Vancouver
- September 22nd – University of Washington-Bothell
Contact: Jana Jaraysi, firstname.lastname@example.org Commission Chair for additional information.
College Planning Days
The Washington Council’s College Planning Day provides a one-stop opportunity for your high school sophomores, juniors, and undecided seniors to learn about Washington State’s higher education options.
- March 15th – WSU Tri-Cities | Mariella Lora
- March 17th – WSU Vancouver | Jorge Argueta
- March 21st – Western Washington | Mario Orallo-Molinaro
- March 22nd – Walla Walla Community College | Carol Bennett
- March 22nd – UW Bothell | Muriel Montenegro
- March 23rd – Big Bend | Enedelia Nicholson
- March 23rd – Seattle Pacific | Emilio Cabrera
- March 24th – Wenatchee Valley | Erin Tofte
- March 24th – UW Tacoma | Kira Glynn
- March 25th – Yakima Valley | Quinn Hale
- March 25th – UW Tacoma | Kira Glynn
- March 29th – Spokane CC | Ramona Barhorst
- March 29th – Bellevue College | Cathy Thruelsen
- March 30th – Centralia College | Michael Christiansen
A select number of bus subsidies are available to cover up to $100 of transportation costs for high schools attending one of the 2016 College Planning Day events. To request a bus subsidy, please submit information by January 31st.
For general information or questions regarding College Planning Days contact email@example.com.
8th Grade College Exploration Days
This popular, high-energy event stresses to eighth grade students the need to take control and make the best use of their high school experience. each Our goal is that student will develop the mindset they will attend college. Students participate individual tracks that take them through a series of group sessions. The sessions are designed to show why high school is important and how to get involved with the many opportunities available in higher education. Host sites are limited due to institutions’ capacity to host.
If you are a Washington middle school teacher or counselor who is interested in bringing your students to an 8th Grade Exploration Day, please contact the site coordinator of the location you wish to attend. Note some sites have limited capacity due to space.
- March 22nd – Eastern Washington University
Contact Site Coordinator – Nate Marney
- March 23rd – Western Washington University
Contact Site Coordinator – Freddy Collins
- March 24th – Green River College
Contact Site Coordinator – Kassidy Chamblin
- March 25th – Pierce College
Contact Site Coordinator – Ruthie Schindler
- March 25th – Peninsula College
Contact Site Coordinator – Shelby Eggbert
- March 30th – Clark College
Contact Site Coordinator – Beth Means
- March 31st – Renton Technical College
Contact Site Coordinator – Andrea Lancaster
If you are a representative from a Washington community college or university who is interested in becoming a host site, and your institution has staffing resources to contribute to becoming a host site, please contact Commission Co-Chair Kim Hiatt, or Anne White.
2016 Transfer Adviser Workshop
Annual Transfer Advisor Workshop
8 AM – 8:50 AM – Optional New Advisor Workshop (Check in at 7:30 AM)
9 AM – 12 PM (Check in at 8:30 AM)
This workshop will provide valuable transfer admissions and program information from Washington State 4-year public and private baccalaureate institutions as well as updates from State agencies.
Click your preferred location above to register for this free event.
Contact Committee Chair, Karl Smith, for additional information.
WCHSCR Fall Transfer Fairs and WCHSCR Evening High School Fairs
Held from September – November at 30+ Washington State Community and Technical Colleges each year, the intended purpose of these college fairs is to assist students with questions and information about transferring to our state’s four-year colleges. Evening fairs are also hosted for local high school students and their parents at some locations.
Eligible non-member colleges may participate on a space available basis for a fee. Non-member colleges must have regional accreditation to participate. If you have questions about eligibility contact commission co-chairs. Eligible non-member colleges click here to Register. Click here for Guidelines.
2015 Dates, time and locations can be found on our Fall 2015 Transfer Fair Schedule.
The Community College hosts have collectively agreed to close registration for their event 2 weeks prior to their fair date. Late registrations are not guaranteed advertisement. Should a cancellation be necessary for any given site, no refunds will be processed after the event’s published registration deadline.